This FAQs section contains answers to ecademy’s frequently asked questions.
Q. How do I access ecademy?
A. ecademy is an online platform that can be accessed by clicking the link in your Welcome Email or by opening an internet browser (Internet Explorer, Google, Safari etc) and typing https://ecademy.thatcham.org into the address bar
Q. I’ve forgotten my password and can’t login to ecademy?
A. If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the ‘Forgotten your username or password’ link on the ecademy login page. If you’re still experiencing issues, please contact the ecademy support team on email@example.com
Q. What type of computer and browser do I need?
A. The following is an example of a minimum-specification that would be expected to deliver a rich, interactive user experience:
- PC or Mac
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 or above, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or above, Modern Linux variant
- 32-bit colour graphics
- Keyboard and mouse
- Recommended minimum browser: Google Chrome 30, Firefox 25.0, Safari 6, Internet Explorer 8 (Internet Explorer 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into Totara)
- If Flash is used in the solution It is strongly recommended to use the latest version of Flash player
- As e-learning is usually delivered online we would recommend the following bandwidths for internet access:
- Minimum bandwidth: 256 kbps
- If using video: 512 kbps.
Q. What screen resolution should I have my computer set on? How do I change resolution on my computer?
A. It is recommended, as a minimum, that you use 800×600 resolution. Ideally 1024×768 or 1280×1024. Please note that some computers will not support the higher resolutions.
If you’re using a Windows-compatible PC, right-click on your desktop and choose Properties. Next, select Display, then Settings. In the middle of the dialogue box, you will see a slider that allows you to change your monitor resolution.
If you are using a Macintosh running an older OS, use your monitor Control Panel to change resolutions. Macintosh computers running OS X must use the new System Preferences application to change monitor resolution.
Q. I cannot hear any sound. What can I do?
A. Check to make sure that your speakers and/or headphones are plugged in and the volume is turned up. For PC users make sure that your mute box is unchecked. You can adjust the volume by dragging the volume slide bar. For Mac users, you can adjust the volume by hitting the volume keys on the keyboard.
Q. I cannot watch videos. What can I do?
A. First, find out what kind of video you are being asked to watch. Is it Flash? RealMedia? Perhaps you need the newest version of the player to see the videos.
- Make sure that your browser meets our minimum requirements
- Make sure that you have downloaded the right version of the plug-in for the Operating System (e.g., Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP) you are running
- Many of the videos provide two options. One is for high speed Internet users labelled “High Bandwidth Version” and the other is for dial-up users labelled “low Bandwidth Version. ” In this case, make sure to select the right version. For very slow dial-up users (56k connection or less), some videos will not work.
Q. Who can help me if I experience technical problems?
A. If you experience any technical issues, please contact the ecademy support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Will I receive a certificate on successful completion of a course?
A. ecademy issues a Certificate of Completion once you have successfully completed and passed a course. These certificates are only available for certain courses.
Q. How will I know when my 12-month licence expires?
A. We will send you an email before your license is about to expire offering you the opportunity to renew. Please ensure your contact details are kept up to date to ensure you receive this email.
Q. How much does the ecademy programme cost?
A. Please contact your dedicated account manager to discuss your training requirements and associated costs on 01635 293 174
Q. What courses are available?
A. Once you have logged into ecademy, select ‘View Available Learning’, select a ‘Course Category’ and a list of available courses will be displayed.