Senior M.E.T. Technician Reaccreditation and Assessment
Who should attend?Senior M.E.T. technicians holding a full accreditation who require reaccreditation to comply with BS10125.
|Course type||IMI accredited|
What will I learn?
This two-day course covers high voltage vehicle safe mode and power up, complex electrical fault finding and vehicle suspension.
The course provides instruction through a mixture of classroom instruction on the theory, a practical walk through of AOM-081, online assessments and practical assessments. The practical assessments take place on day two.
By the end of this session each learner will know:
- Health and safety overview of all three disciplines
- Types of vehicle identification
- The difference between HEV / BEV / PHEV
- The process for correlation of repair
- Components and their operation for system functionality
- System Operation & Reinitialising
- Correct use of diagnostic tools
- Electrical system topologies
- Different types of electrical testing
- Ohms law and Watts law
- Electrical components and their operation
- Suspension Geometry
- Different types of suspension
- Suspension components and their operation
- Correct use of suspension tooling
The assessment includes:
- AOM-081 High Voltage – Safe Working Module
- AOM-007 Vehicle Electrical – Complex Fault Finding
- AOM-008 Vehicle Suspension
- Online tests