Senior M.E.T. Technician Reaccreditation and Assessment
Who should attend?Senior M.E.T. technicians holding a full accreditation who require reaccreditation to comply with BS10125.
|Course type||IMI accredited|
What will I learn?
This one day course will include classroom instruction on the theory in the morning and three online assessments and a practical assessment in the afternoon.
The course covers high voltage vehicle safe mode and power up, complex electrical fault finding and vehicle suspension.
By the end of this session each learner will know:
- Health and safety overview of all three disciplines
- Types of vehicle identification
- The difference between HEV / BEV / PHEV
- The process for correlation of repair
- Components and their operation for system functionality
- System Operation & Reinitialising
- Correct use of diagnostic tools
- Electrical system topologies
- Different types of electrical testing
- Ohms law and Watts law
- Electrical components and their operation
- Suspension Geometry
- Different types of suspension
- Suspension components and their operation
- Correct use of suspension tooling
The assessment includes:
- AOM-081 High Voltage – Safe Working Module
- AOM-007 Vehicle Electrical – Complex Fault Finding
- AOM-008 Vehicle Suspension
- Online tests