Supplementary Restraint Systems (SRS) and Trim
Who should attend?This course is particularly suited to technicians working for organisations who need a greater understanding of SRS systems and the pre-requisites for working safely around the systems.
|Course type||Thatcham Research certified|
What will I learn?
Delegates gain an understanding of best practice for removing and refitting exterior and interior trims (where SRS system components are fitted) following Methods, which also includes fault-code reading, the correlation between body and SRS, and what to do upon completion of work operations.
- Health and safety requirements
- Principles of operation
- Identification and removal and refit of components
- Fault-code reading
- Best practice for diagnostics
- Use of researched or vehicle manufacturer methods
Exterior trims remove and refit:
- Splash shields
- Road wheels
- Where to jack vehicle using wheel-free lifts
Interior trims remove and refit:
- SRS air bag x three
- Seat belt pretensioners
- Head linings
- Facia panel