IAEA Full Route (Gateway to full membership)
Who should attend?Active vehicle damage assessors (VDAs) with at least three years’ experience who require the IAEA Accreditation for compliance with BS10125.
|Course type||IAEA Membership|
What will I learn?
Delegates compile a fully costed estimate inclusive of:
- Pre-accident damage condition
- Damage repair specification ensuring safe and appropriate repair specification
- Fully costed new parts
- Paint and materials
- If required, place current code of practice salvage category on the damaged vehicles
There are three days of preparation followed by one assessment (exam) day.
During the three preparation days, delegates are set tasks and receive constructive feedback for the following elements within the accreditation:
- Customer/principal instruction
- Vehicle valuation process
- Damage appraisal
- Researching repair methods
- Compiling a safe and appropriate fully-costed repair specification/report (using Thatcham Research Times/vehicle manufacture times)
- Auditing a pre-prepared repair specification to identify errors and any changes required prior to authorisation
- Applying current ABI salvage code to the physical vehicles and image tasks
To determine pre-accident condition (inclusive of vehicle valuation) and fully costed damage appraisal, including compiling a safe and appropriate repair specification ensuring integrity of repair using researched/vehicle manufacture methods and times whilst inputting realistic opinion times in the costed assessment.