Vehicle Technology Manager
Would you like a role that will see you working at the cutting edge of automotive technology? Do you have demonstrable technical experience gained from within the automotive industry and would like to join an industry leader in the field of automotive research? Here at Thatcham Research, we’re looking for a Vehicle Technology manager, such as this, to join our Engineering team on a full time, permanent basis.
As the Vehicle Technology Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and communicating intelligence regarding new vehicle technology and market trends for the purpose of assessing motor insurance risk.
In this unique and high-profile position, you will be empowered to influence how technology is implemented in new vehicles, whilst operating at a high level within the wider automotive world.
As a Vehicle Technology Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing positive relationships with vehicle manufacturers, aligned with vehicle manufacture engagement across the organisation and utilising the CRM system to effectively manage and communicate activity
- Providing insight into vehicles and technology to stakeholder groups, particularly member insurers, through documents and presentations, tailored to the specific audience
- Producing a quarterly Vehicle Technology Report for member insurers and internal stakeholders, detailing developments in automotive technology, how and when it will be implemented on vehicles, the possible implications for motor insurance risk, concluding with a clear and justified direction for future research based on member impact and/or value. This report should include a timeline of future vehicle releases, with significant vehicles (through volume and/or technology) highlighted. It will be supported with a meeting of relevant stakeholders to further analyse and discuss.
- Working closely with the Vehicle Data Management teams to align vehicle research and reporting activities with the Group Rating vehicle releases
- Attending conferences and industry events in order to better understand technology developments, and to engage with the wider automotive industry
As the Vehicle Technology Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Qualified to degree level in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of automotive technology development and implementation processes
- A good understanding of how vehicle features and specifications effect insurance risk
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of vehicle design including structure. Electrifications, ME, UX / UI, Security and Cyber Security
- Considerable technical / engineering experience working for OEMs and / or Tier 1 suppliers
- Proven success in leading vehicle technology development, testing and evaluation across multiple technology areas
What we’re looking for in you:
You have a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams, along with a natural ability to engage and influence others. You have a broad range of contacts from within the automotive industry and enjoy presenting to others, with the ability to adapt messages according to your audience. You are at ease making decisions in a complex, and rapidly evolving technical landscape and have an awareness of the associated impacts on stakeholders.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Salary: Circa £53,000. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repair.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast-moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.