Do you have a passion for assessing, mentoring and coaching for the automotive industry? Are you qualified in executing competence and workplace assessments? We are an industry leader in the field of skills development in automotive repair and we're looking for an Automotive VCQ (Vocation of Competence Qualification) Assessor to join our Training Academy on a full time, permanent basis.
This position offers the unique opportunity to guide learners through their apprenticeships where they can gain qualifications in Vehicle repair (MET , Panel and Paint).
This is a field based role, covering the South East/West region.
You responsibilities as an Assessor / Automotive Technical Trainer will include:
- Executing assessments of the highest standards in MET, Panel and Paint, to delegates of all ages and levels of competence
- Mentoring, coaching and assessing delegates of various ages and skill levels against prescribed criteria, whilst maintaining clear portfolios of evidence
- Responsibility for ensuring that each delegate is supported in the development of skills and behaviours and is provided every opportunity to achieve a successful outcome
Your skills and qualifications as an Assessor / Automotive Technical Trainer will include:
- Strong background in MET, Panel and Paint
- Previous experience in a VCQ assessor role
- Proven ability to develop the knowledge and competence of others to a Level 3 standard and beyond
- Familiar with Level 2/3 curriculum for the body repair discipline and experience in delivering training against this curriculum with high levels of successful outcomes.
- Recognised current qualification (NVQ/ATA) in MET, Panel or Paint, preferably with high voltage accreditation or experience
- City & Guilds level 3 qualification in Education and Teaching or equivalent
- Level 3 Award in Teaching, Assessment and Quality Assurance or equivalent
Your captivating communication style enables you to easily pique the interest of your audience, whilst your excellent organisational skills allow you to plan effectively so that conflicting priorities are easily mitigated.
Salary: Circa £33,000 dependent on skills/experience + competitive benefits package including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme and company car
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire with travel in the South East and South West
Hours: 8.30 - 16.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 16.00 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK