Do you have a passion for delivering engaging and interactive training sessions for the automotive industry? Or perhaps you’re an experienced vehicle technician, looking for an opportunity to develop a career in training? Due to increasing work volumes we are growing our Automotive Training Academy and are looking for a number of Technical Trainers to join our team.
For these positions we are looking for candidates with a passion for developing the skills and knowledge of others. Ideally candidates will have experience delivering training to apprentices however, we will also consider those looking for their first training role who have a strong background in at least one of the following job roles and/or disciplines; Panel and Paint, Vehicle Damage Assessor (VDA), Motor Engineer, High Voltage / Electric vehicle Specialist, Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
The role of Technical Trainer offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing team, while working within a modern training environment using the latest vehicles, technology and equipment. As the Technical Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering first class quality training and assessment to delegates of all ages and levels in our state of the art high voltage, body repair training facility.
Your responsibilities as a Technical Trainer will involve:
- Delivering training and assessment of the highest standards in vehicle repair to delegates of all ages and levels of competence
- Responsibility for ensuring that each delegate is supported in the development of skills and behaviours and is provided every opportunity to achieve a successful outcome
- Providing fair assessments against prescribed criteria
- Maintaining effective records of evidence, ensuring that portfolios of learner outcomes are maintained to awarding body standards
- Supporting the management and development of training materials, ensuring that all courses have clear and precise schemes of work, lesson plans and objectives
Your skills and experience as a Technical Trainer will include:
- Strong background in automotive vehicle repair with excellent competence in at least one of the following disciplines
- High voltage / Electric vehicles
- Panel and Paint
- The ability to develop the knowledge and competence of others to a Level 3 standard and beyond
- Accreditation or Qualification in High Voltage Vehicles (Level 4 desired)
- Recognised qualification (NVQ/ATA) in at least 1 body repair discipline
- Experience of delivering training to skilled professionals or apprentices
- Current full member of IAEA or able to reinstate at this grade
- Familiar with Level 2/3 curriculum for the body repair discipline and experience in delivering training against this curriculum with high levels of successful outcomes
- The ability to develop training plans and schemes of work to meet desired outcomes
- Level 3 Award in Teaching, Assessment and Quality Assurance or equivalent
You have an innovative approach and enjoy applying engaging techniques to teaching methods, activities and course development. Your captivating communication style enables you to easily pique the interest of your audience, whilst your excellent organisational skills allow you to plan effectively so that conflicting priorities are easily mitigated.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 16.00 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We are committed to ensuring we have a fair and inclusive recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any point during your recruitment journey.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK