Do you have a passion for delivering engaging and interactive training sessions for the automotive industry? Or perhaps you’re an experienced Vehicle Technician (light vehicle or Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)), looking for an opportunity to develop a career in training?
We are an industry leader in the field of skills development in automotive repair and we are looking for an Automotive Technical Trainer to join our Training Academy on a full time, permanent basis.This position offers the unique opportunity to deliver quality training and assessment to delegates of all ages and levels.
Successful applicants will ideally have experience in delivering training to either apprentices or skilled professionals. However, we will also be pleased to accept applications from experienced vehicle technicians who have a background in light vehicle or MET, who are keen to develop a career delivering training.
Your responsibilities as an Automotive Technical Trainer will involve:
- Delivering training and assessment of the highest standards in vehicle repair to delegates of all ages and levels of competence
- Ensuring each delegate is supported in the development of skills and behaviours and provided every opportunity to achieve a successful outcome
- Providing fair assessments against prescribed criteria
- Maintaining effective records of evidence, ensuring that portfolios of learner outcomes are maintained to awarding body standards
- Supporting the management and development of training materials, ensuring that all courses have clear and precise schemes of work, lesson plans and objectives
Your skills and qualifications as an Automotive Technical Trainer will include:
- Strong background as a light vehicle technician/Senior MET technician in automotive vehicle servicing & repair
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ/ATA or a similar recognised qualification
- Knowledge of high voltage (HV) vehicles and vehicles electrical systems including ADAS
- Experience of delivering training to apprentices or skilled professionals
- Familiar with Level 2/3 curriculum for the body repair discipline and experience in delivering training against this curriculum with high levels of successful outcomes.
- City & Guilds level 3 qualification in Education and Teaching or equivalent
- Proven ability to develop the knowledge and competence of others to a Level 3 standard and beyond
- The ability to develop training plans and schemes of work to meet desired outcomes
- Level 3 Award in Teaching, Assessment and Quality Assurance or equivalent
You have an innovative approach and enjoy applying engaging techniques to teaching methods, activities and course development. Your captivating communication style enables you to easily pique the interest of your audience, whilst your excellent organisational skills allow you to plan effectively so that conflicting priorities are easily mitigated.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 16.00 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK