Do you have a talent for writing creative instructional stories that enhance student engagement? In order to fulfill commercial demand for our training, we are currently looking for an Instructional Designer to author training materials and supporting documentation for our wide range of learning delegates each year.
Working with information provided by subject matter experts, the Instructional Designer is responsible for creating high quality blended learning programs for both instructor-led and self-study learning. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative individual, who is excited by the prospect of writing training content and supporting documentation for an industry leading organisation.
As an Instructional Designer your responsibilities will involve:
- Developing scripts and manuals by applying authoring principles and best practice to create high quality, customer-focused teaching materials
- Reviewing course deliverables to ensure the quality of the content is effective and that it is relevant to the curriculum needs and requirements
- Creating course material, associated workbooks and documentation by utilising knowledge gained from subject matter experts, ensuring that they are appropriate to candidate learning styles and level
- Staying up to date with the latest learning theories, instructional design approaches and technologies so that content and design can be continually reviewed and refreshed in line with current market developments
- Utilising individual creative ability whilst working within corporate brand guidelines to produce new and innovative learning content
As an Instructional Designer your skills and experience will include:
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software packages with excellent PowerPoint skills
- Experience in a similar position where translating highly technical information into engaging learning content was key
- Previous success developing technical training resources (lessen planning, reference guides & manuals) for technical and system-based learning topics
- Familiar with common educational practices including structured and blended learning
- An ISTC, or equivalent recognised qualification in the communication of technical information would be advantageous
What we’re looking for in you:
You have a strong attention to detail with a creative flair and the ability to interpret detailed technical information and make succinct content that is easily understood by others. Your excellent vocabulary skills allow you to devise, revise and proof-read learning content as well as translate technical information to a global audience at various levels with clarity and accuracy. Your excellent organisational skills enable you to prioritise tasks and work effectively to deadlines.
Salary: Circa £32,000 + competitive benefits package
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK