The data we gather and research plays a significant and important role for our stakeholders within the automotive and motor insurance industries, enabling them to inform key business decisions and plan future strategy. To enhance the availability and accessibility of this data, we’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team developing and maintaining bespoke web sites, applications, services and solutions.
As a Software Engineer, you will create software using java technologies to deliver compelling solutions for our stakeholders. To be successful in this role you will ideally have full stack development experience however, we will also consider front end developers who are looking for an opportunity to develop their skills.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced java Agile Software Engineer interested in working with leading edge technologies.
As a Software Engineer your responsibilities will in involve:
- Working with colleagues including Software Engineers, Quality Assurance, Data and System Architects to build innovative software systems that meet the needs of the intended users
- Software development, testing and maintenance of applications, web sites and software solutions using a variety of technologies within an Agile and Continuous Integration environment
- Adhering to Information Security principles and policies to maintain data security at all times
As a Software Engineer your skills and experience will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of an agile software development team using modern software development tools and practices
- Full stack development, in lieu of this we will also consider front end developers who are willing to broaden their experience and develop their skills
- Working knowledge of software development languages, tools and frameworks including Java
- Ability to produce high quality system code
What we’re looking for in you:
You have excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to understand and effectively communicate technical solutions to problems. You have the ability to work autonomously, but also enjoy encouraging collaboration and innovation within your team. You have excellent data and analytical skills that you enjoy applying to your work, whilst your resilient attitude encourages your desire to succeed and persevere until a task is complete.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Salary: Based on skills/experience + competitive benefits and pension package
Working hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK