Software Engineer (Industrial Placement)
We currently have an opportunity for an undergraduate Software Engineer to join us on a 12-month placement within our software development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of web sites, applications and software solutions which support our wider business.
For this position, we are seeking undergraduates who are currently enrolled in a relevant Computer/IT related discipline who are about to embark on their placement/sandwich year at university. If this sounds like you and you are excited by the prospect of joining a collaborative and supportive software team, then come and join us for a year in industry!
As an Undergraduate Software Engineer your responsibilities will involve:
- Writing system code
- Delivering software solutions as laid out in project plans whilst meeting any documented milestones
- Documenting and carrying out unit testing during system coding
- Conducting research and where required, recommending technologies for further investigation
As an Undergraduate Software Engineer your skills and experience will include
- Software Engineering/Computer Science background
- Ability to produce high quality code in accordance with defined industry and Thatcham standards
- Java programming experience (Spring, Bootstrap, Hibernate, advantageous)
- Database skills including SQL on a relational database such as MySQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
Salary: £18,000 per annum + benefitsStart Date: July/August 2019
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK