Senior Product Manager – Vehicle Risk Rating Proposition
Are you a Senior Product Manager with a passion for next generation automated, connected, electrified vehicles? Do you have impressive track record for managing successful products? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Automotive technology is changing at an unprecedented rate, which makes our products crucial in helping insurers to keep up with an ever-changing risk landscape. Reporting to the Head of Product, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of vehicle risk rating data products, ensuring that they deliver commercial value and growth to our stakeholders.
As a Senior Product Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing the product roadmap for vehicle risk rating, ensuring that major releases achieve product market fit
- Securing business sponsorship for incremental product investment, ensuring that financial benefits are realised
- Managing profit and loss for designated products and driving increased adoption and margin
- Partnering with Product Owners, providing a product vision that shapes successful delivery, and provides day to day commercial context to technical work
- Leading the go to market for product releases and launches, ensuring organisational readiness and positive market reception
- Being the face of the vehicle risk rating product portfolio, constantly measuring product performance and looking for opportunities to drive improvement
As a Senior Product Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Cradle to grave product lifecycle management
- Agile product roadmap management and delivery
- Track record of creating segment-focused value propositions that align to capabilities
- Experience facilitating focus groups from competing customers and finding common ground
- Ability to write customer-centric epics that trace down to user stories and delivery tasks
- Ability to run product go to market and ensure the business is ready to support products in market, drive critical mass adoption, and provide copy and core messaging for marketing campaigns
- Proven B2B data product management experience
- Automotive and / or insurance risk-based product experience would be advantageous, but not essential
- Competency working with tools such as Power BI to provide ongoing transparency over product performance
What we’re looking for in you:
You have excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly present product portfolios to customers. You are hungry to succeed, with a result and process-oriented approach. You have an impressive history of good product ideas which were fully qualified, quantified and made it to market.
Salary/Benefits: Up to £51,000 + competitive benefits including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repair.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry. Our research and insight feeds directly into our unique products and services, providing us with commercial competitive edge.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.