Are you looking for a new challenge within an influential, industry leading organisation? Are you a Project Manager with experience of managing multiple, diverse projects simultaneously? We’re currently looking for a Project Manager to execute and deliver complex projects on a full time, permanent basis.
Join us as a Project Manager and you’ll enjoy a diverse, high profile position where you’ll gain exposure to all areas of the business, playing a crucial role in supporting organisational objectives.
As a Project Manager your responsibilities will involve:
- Managing complex projects to ensure outputs contribute to business strategy and deliver value
- Facilitating project start-up to ensure that scope, goals, responsibilities, deliverables and business cases have been appropriately defined
- Managing risks, issues and opportunities, including management of change, from a defined commercial/technical baseline
- Keeping stakeholders informed on the progress of projects via the presentation of regular reports
- Chairing monthly project board meetings to ensure project sponsors are kept abreast of project progress, decisions, risks and issues
- Capturing ‘lessons learnt’, feeding into Project Management Office (PMO) initiatives for continuous improvement initiatives
As a Project Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Previous success within a Project Management role, supporting a wide range of different projects delivered across a broad business spectrum
- Proven experience pro-actively managing multiple deadlines and resources within a challenging project environment
- In-depth user experience of Microsoft Project or similar project management tools
- Demonstrable experience working within both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Previous experience working within a research or automotive, data driven environment would be a distinct advantage
What we’re looking for in you:
You are assertive, self-reliant and responsible for your work. You are a logical thinker with creative problem-solving skills, with an excellent commercial understanding which enables you to consider ‘the bigger picture’. You take time to listen and to understand others and have the confidence to challenge and bring your own ideas and perspectives to discussions. You work flexibly to accommodate peak project demands and work independently and prioritise a diverse workload.
Salary: Circa £41,000 dependent on skills/experience + competitive benefits including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK