Are you a Senior Product Manager or Head of Product who is passionate about using Agile methodologies to deliver enterprise grade software solutions in a rapidly changing automotive industry? Do you have a proven record for managing successful products? Do you have a strong technology background? If so, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, you will be responsible for defining and delivering product strategy, whilst nurturing and developing a small team of Product Owners. For this newly created position, we are looking for someone to create a positive impact for change, helping us to drive our products forward. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is excited by the prospect of having their voice heard and being directly responsible for influencing change.
The selected candidate will have substantial experience delivering multiple software products and will have developed established products through times of significant industry evolution.
As a Product Manager your responsibilities will involve:
- Mentoring and supporting a team of Product Owners
- Maintaining up-to-date product roadmaps, ensuring business expectations are managed and are aligned to software development schedules
- Delivering product propositions that are relevant to stakeholders and responsive to market trends
- Driving best practice Agile product development processes
- Maintaining an up-to-date analysis of the use of core data-sets within products, allowing for future strategic direction
- Developing cost focused product P&L’s, understanding the commercial contribution each product makes
As a Product Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Demonstrable experience working as a Senior Product Manager
- A background working within a company (or large department) responsible for delivering software solutions using Agile working practices
- Proven track record in developing innovative and effective customer propositions that generate value
- Previous managerial or mentoring experience
- Experience in developing strategic plans involving the setting and monitoring of financial KPI’s
- Experience demonstrating and promoting best practice use of Agile product development processes
- Experience managing several products simultaneously
What we’re looking for in you:
Your ability to encourage collaboration and innovation throughout the product development process enables your team to work efficiently, whilst delivering inventive customer propositions. You have excellent coaching skills and have the ability to manage a high performing team. You professionally manage a range of stakeholders and are able to clearly communicate complex technical information to non-technical personnel, both verbally and via detailed product roadmaps.
Salary: From £60,000, dependent on skills and experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK