People Business Partner – Learning & Development
Do you have a passion and enthusiasm for learning and development and supporting organisational change? Would you like to join an industry leader in the field of automotive research? If your answer is yes, then we could have just the job for you.
Here at Thatcham Research, we are looking for a learning and development professional to join our Human Resources team. The role is available on a permanent, full time basis however we may be able to offer some flexibility around hours for the right person.
This new and exciting position offers an excellent opportunity to play a key role in delivering the people development strategy and supporting organisational change projects such as embedding our new values and competencies through a wide range of learning interventions. The role will also focus on facilitating a range of activities relating to the engagement and development of people, running initiatives and encouraging an environment that enables people to make the best use of their capabilities. If you have a talent for learning and development and are excited by the idea of taking this role forward, then we want to hear from you.
As the Learning and Development People Business Partner your key responsibilities will involve:
- Provide coaching support to managers to support them with leadership skills development, using development planning and assessment tools
- Work with line managers to support early career colleagues by creating and implementing development plans, ensuring they receive guidance and help to reach role potential
- Support the succession planning process by providing development paths for high potential colleagues and guiding line managers to provide their team members with opportunities for growth
- Facilitate colleague workshops covering business related topics to ensure colleagues are informed and engaged in Thatcham’s practices and processes
- Support the induction process for new colleagues to ensure they are effectively integrated in the business in their first year of employment
- Build relationships with external education bodies to promote Thatcham as an employer and to attract new engineering and technical talent to the business
- Provide support with the analysis and sharing of engagement survey and colleague feedback and assist with the planning of development and engagement solutions to bring about positive change
- Assist the Head of HR with strategic organisational development projects that support the organisational with developing people and organisational effectiveness
As the Learning and Development People Business Partner your skills and experience will include:
- Developing and managing colleague training and development initiatives
- Developing learning initiatives aligned with company values and behavioural competencies
- Coaching and facilitation of learning and development sessions for individual and groups
- Company-wide training needs analysis and solution identification
- Working with external educations partners to support graduate and apprentice intake and development
- Curious mindset and able to digest information and turn into practical development solution
- Confident and positive communicator with the ability to quickly engage others
- Ideally psychometric and assessment tools qualification skills and experience, such as OPQ and MBTI
What we’re looking for in you:
You will be a confident communicator with a natural ability to build relationships and engage with others. You thrive when working autonomously but have the confidence to seek guidance from those around you when required. Your excellent project and time management skills enable you to effectively plan and manage objectives, supporting your results orientated nature.
Salary: £40,000 - £47,000 (pro rata if part time) dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.