Online Content Manager
Due to continued growth in the scope and volume of our communications work, we are expanding our team and are looking for an Online Content Manager to join us on a full time, permanent basis.
In this newly created position, the Online Content Manager will define our online strategy and create captivating stories, whilst driving rigor and efficiency into our communications delivery. So, if you have a passion for scripting engaging content and want to play a key role in continuing to raise our profile, then we want to hear from you!
About our Communications Team
Our communications team is actively influencing and providing guidance to the automotive industry, legislators and consumers. It’s challenging but rewarding work which sees us working with some the UK’s top broadcast media.
The position of Content Manager offers an unrivalled opportunity to ‘have a voice’ in a highly relevant and influential organisation, operating at the cutting-edge of research and analysis into future car safety technology, security and repair. To be successful in this role, you will have a skill for turning complex ideas into creative content that drives engagement, whilst clearly delivering the intended message.
As the Online Content Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Planning and delivering a content strategy via a calendar that is continually reviewed and adapted to drive high engagement across agreed online platforms and audiences
- Managing the timely and effective distribution of content across agreed channels, repurposing it for different audiences as required to enable greatest impact
- Serving as editor-in-chief for all online content to ensure it meets the agreed quality, clarity and consistency of production and messaging
- Collecting, monitoring and analysing social and website metrics such as Google Analytics, to assess and report the performance and effectiveness of campaigns against agreed objectives, and to make improvements accordingly
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to create effective communications proposals, followed by the development and execution of agreed content
- Support the wider communications teams with ideation, planning, development and the delivery of campaigns, along with post campaign reporting and debriefs as required
As the Online Content Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Degree qualified in a communications or similar discipline or, equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Ability to distribute content through management systems such as MS Office and WordPress
- Experience applying data analytics to optimise content, with a proven understanding of social media, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and web traffic metrics
- Success developing content strategies, leading content marketing campaigns and activities, with the ability to utilise content to drive engagement and generate leads
- Proven success using LinkedIn, CRM and lead generation to drive engagement and sales
What we’re looking for in you:
You are a confident, creative communicator with a natural ability to build relationships and collaborate with others. You are social media savvy and passionate about delivering content that fuels engagement, whilst your excellent project and time management skills enable you to effectively plan and manage multiple tasks. You have the ability to review and report upon the success of campaigns and make informed recommendations to enhance future performance.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Salary: Circa £34,000 dependent on skills/experience + competitive benefits package including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repair.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast-moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.