Lead QA Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to exercise your Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing skills in a collaborative and forward-thinking environment? Would you like a role where you can work on the latest technologies, and influence the testing techniques of new data products? We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QA Engineer to join us on a 12-month fixed term contract.
Your main responsibilities as a QA Engineer will involve:
- Planning and carrying out the testing of new applications, data products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Ensuring testing activities validate that applications meet business requirements and systems goals and fulfil end-user requirements, ensuring that defects are raised, escalated and tracked via correct process through to closure.
- Creating and executing automated test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Collaborating with analysts, designers, and product owners for testing new software and solutions.
- Submitting ideas and proposals for the continual improvement of processes, procedures and infrastructure within QA to improve quality, increase efficiency, reduce risk and provide stability.
As a QA Engineer your skills and experience will include:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a related subject (software engineering, computer science etc). Equivalent experience will also be considered in lieu of such qualification.
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of testing solutions and methodologies for software and/or data products.
- Experience implementing performance testing and of setting up and configuring test environments
- Experience of working under Waterfall, V Model and agile development methodologies
- Proven experience implementing test automation
- Knowledge of SQL query language, including the creation of database queries to support testing.
What we’re looking for in you:
You are a strong team player with excellent listening and interpersonal skills. The ability to effectively communicate technical information in simplified language comes naturally to you, as does the ability to self-motivate. You enjoy exercising your analytical and creative problem-solving skills and thrive when working in a busy, high-pressured environment.
Salary: Competitive + competitive benefits including a 10% non-contributory pension
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Friday
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.