Lead IT Support Engineer
Here at Thatcham Research, we are looking for a talented Lead IT helpdesk technician to provide technical guidance to our support team, assisting them in delivering IT support services to our employees and external customers. To be successful in this position you will have experience leading a broad range of complex IT projects, but will also be willing to offer 1st Line support as required.
The IT support function consists of a small team of technical professionals, who handle a wide variety of requests and issues that can be complex in nature; the successful candidate must therefore have experience independently resolving a wide variety of technical issues.
As a Lead IT Support Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Ensuring the Helpdesk team act in a professional and positive manner, by leading by example and advocating high levels of service
- Leading technical projects, prioritising and allocating resources as required
- Pro-actively maintaining Thatcham’s IT Services, protecting against failures of hardware, software and security by providing risk-based assessments to ensure the mitigation of as much risk as is possible, while keeping within budget restraints
- Preparing and providing timely and accurate information regarding the teams’ workloads, schedules and resource usage to enable the business can make informed decisions
- Leading any reactive challenges within IT infrastructure and services to ensure any issues are tackled and are seen through to resolution.
As a Lead IT Support Engineer your skills and experience will include:
- In depth Knowledge of complex / enterprise class infrastructures including; Virtualisation Clusters, Servers, PCs, NAS, Enterprise SANs, Applications, Operating systems, Printers, Smart Devices, and Telephone systems
- Experiencing leading IT projects from concept to completion, allocating resources and prioritising as and required
- Extensive experience in fault finding and troubleshooting complex issues across hardware and software devices and systems
- Experience working within a network and systems team, supporting a medium sized infrastructure containing 300+ devices and 150+ users
What we’re looking for in you:
You are customer facing and dedicated to providing outstanding levels of service. Your excellent communication skills help you to effectively lead and motivate others, whilst your calm nature enables you to make sound and logical judgements when working in pressurised or emergency situations.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
Salary: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.