IT Systems Engineer
Due to increasing volumes of work here at Thatcham Research, we are expanding our technical team and are looking for a talented IT Systems Engineer to join us on a full time, permanent basis.
As an IT Systems Engineer, you’ll be working with world class software and cloud providers while utilising your technical skills to operate and maintain our on-prem and cloud infrastructures. Managing technical implementation and change within our products and services, you’ll participate in cloud migrations and DevOps projects enabling you the opportunity to enhance your skills within these areas.
Previous experience required for Windows Server, Linux Server operating systems and Hypervisors/Cloud management is essential.
As an IT Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Implementing technical projects from scope to implementation
- Providing and maintaining clear system and service documentation
- Updating and securing Thatcham’s intellectual property, including customer and member data
- Managing systems, change control, including SLAs, risk and information security
- Providing knowledge and support to the wider technical team as required
- Promoting and adhering to our workplace values of Fearless, Inquisitive, Resourceful, Supportive and Trusted
As an IT Systems Engineer, your skills and experience will include:
- Working within an IT department managing on-prem and cloud infrastructures, Windows and Linux server operating systems and applications
- Managing and delivering IT projects while achieving service level agreements (SLAs)
- Software implementations, integrations and deployments
- Implementing and maintaining network security
You understand, represent and apply our workplace values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted. These values are evidenced within your application. You have a keen interest in technology and enjoy working with and supporting others. You are organised, with the ability to plan ahead and prioritise tasks and projects.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire (remote working during COVID-19)
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package, including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme, sick pay, competitive annual leave – increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast-moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to offer sponsorship.