Head of Product
At Thatcham Research, we carry out cutting edge research that helps save lives and reduce claims costs for our Motor Insurer Members. We influence Insurers and Governments to understand better risk and claims as mobility trends change and vehicles enter the age of automation, connectivity and electrification.
We are looking for a Head of Product to deliver our next generation of products into the insurance, vehicle manufacturer and repair sector markets built around risk, claims and training propositions. This senior leadership role will drive the productization of our unique research, content, and data, ensuring maximum value is released into our target markets.
Supported by a small team of a Product Managers and external technology partners, the Head Of Product will be responsible for defining and delivering long-term product strategies as well as leading the continued adoption of product-centric thinking and ways of working across the organisation. This will include building relationships with Research, Commercial and Engineering teams to bring products to market that are born out of our unique research, testing, engineering, and insurance insight.
This senior leadership role is an excellent opportunity for a strong collaborator, excited by the prospect of productising world leading research and having their voice heard within an influential organisation. The successful candidate will have substantial experience delivering data-centric products and will have established products through times of technological change.
As Head of Product, your responsibilities will involve:
- Defining and delivering long-term strategy for risk and claims products
- Establishing product-centric thinking and ways of working across the organisation
- Maintaining up-to-date product roadmaps, ensuring expectations are managed and are aligned to available budgets and development capacity
- Staying ahead of market trends, working closely with Commercial and Customer Success departments to develop product propositions
- Maintaining an up-to-date analysis of product performance metrics to ensure product performance data is informing strategy and furthering commercial collaborations
- Developing and executing product Go to Market strategies, plans and programmes
- Driving best practice product development processes built upon Thatcham’s automation, connectivity, and electrification research programmes
- Managing and mentoring a team of product professionals
- Attending monthly strategic and operational Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings
As Head of Product, your skills and experience will include:
- Track record of delivering data-centric products straight into customer workflows, generating secondary datasets with an onward market value
- Experience delivering change in environments where influence and collaboration are key
- Track record in developing innovative and compelling customer propositions that create value
- Experience in developing strategic plans involving the setting and monitoring of operational and performance KPIs
- Experience demonstrating and promoting best practice use of product development processes
- Solid managerial and mentoring experience
- Experience working within Insurance, Automotive sectors advantageous.
- Experience working within industrywide committees or working groups advantageous.
What we’re looking for in you:
Your ability to encourage collaboration and innovation enables your team to work efficiently whilst delivering innovative customer propositions. You have excellent coaching skills and can manage a high performing team. You professionally manage a range of stakeholders and can communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.