Do you have a creative flair, coupled with a passion for developing original graphics, animations and video? Does the thought of utilising these skills to support the development of engaging learning content in the field of automotive repair pique your interest? If so, we could have the perfect job opportunity for you!
Here at Thatcham Research, we’re looking for a creative individual to assist us in developing original e-learning content by creating high quality and engaging graphics to be included within blended learning programmes.
This is an entry-level Graphic Designer position which will develop into the role of Graphic E-learning Designer; it offers an excellent opportunity for a creative individual to join an exciting and rewarding business, while playing a key in developing original learner journeys.
Your main responsibilities as a Graphic Designer will involve:
- Working with a team of instructional designers and information provided by subject matter experts (SME’s) to create high quality, engaging graphics, animations, video and photography to be included in blended learning programmes for both instructor lead and self-study learning
- Utilising individual creative ability whist working within corporate brand guidelines, to produce graphics/animations/videos for new and innovative learning courses
- Creating course material, associated workbooks and documentation, using knowledge sourced from subject matter experts
- Keeping up to date with the latest learning theories, instructional design approaches and technologies to ensure that our content is continually reviewed and refreshed in line with current market developments
As a Graphic Designer your skills and experience will include:
- Competent in the use of multimedia software such as Adobe CC with the ability to create interactive graphics, images, audio and video clips
- Foundation degree, HND or degree, in a creative subject such as; design, art, multimedia or graphics. In lieu of such qualification, applicants should demonstrate substantial experience in developing original and creative graphics within their application
- Knowledge of privacy, copywriting and confidentiality legislation, such as the Data Protection Act
You have a creative flair with the ability to interpret detailed technical information and make interactive graphics to support engaging content. You are confident, with captivating communication skills and are comfortable presenting to others. Your methodical and organised nature enables you to prioritise tasks and work effectively to deadlines.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.