We are currently recruiting a proactive team player to join us as a Facilities Assistant on a full time, permanent basis. The Facilities Department are a helpful team who like to carry out general building repairs themselves so practical experience of general DIY tasks such as; painting, electrics, plumbing and woodwork are key for this varied and busy role.
Join us as a Facilities Assistant and you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, great on-site facilities such as a subsidised canteen and a friendly and supportive working environment.
As Facilities Assistant your main responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, responding and reacting appropriately to facilities support requests via the helpdesk system
- Supporting Thatcham meetings and activities, including visitor support and event assistance
- Carrying out routine/scheduled equipment or building repairs as necessary
- On call response and site security activities (Security, Fire, Intruder)
- Supervising contractor activities, keeping the Facilities Team Leader, Risk and Health Safety Teams informed as required
- Ensuring all work of the facilities team complies with company and regulatory health and safety standards and requirements
Your skills and qualifications as a Facilities Assistant will ideally include:
- Experience in facilities/caretaking
- Experience in the safe use of power tools and equipment
- Practical experience of plumbing, electrics fabrication, painting and decorating
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and procedures
- Basic IT skills, previous experience using a helpdesk system would be highly advantageous
What we’re looking for in you:
You are a proactive, hardworking, team player who enjoys manual work. You work well to your own initiative and have excellent time management skills. You pride yourself on your reliability and enjoy communicating with people from all areas of the business.
Salary: Circa £22,000 + competitive benefits and pension package
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Working Hours: 8.30 – 16.30 Monday – Thursday & 8.30 – 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK