Are you an experienced E-learning Designer with a passion for creating graphics/animations/video? Are you looking for the opportunity to work within a small team to develop high quality engaging learning content, helping to fulfil our reputation as a market leader in the field of skills development in automotive repair? If so, then we want to hear from you.
Working with information provided by subject matter experts, the E-Learning Designer is responsible for creating high quality and engaging graphics/animations/video/photography to be included in blended learning programmes for both instructor lead and self-study learning. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative individual to join an exciting and rewarding business, playing a key role in within the team that develops learner journeys.
This role will primarily be focused on e-learning design however, applicants must be willing to get involved in the design of other blended learning materials and supporting documentation.
Your main responsibilities as an E-learning Designer will involve:
- Utilising individual creative ability whist working within corporate brand guidelines, to produce graphics/animations/videos for new and innovative learning courses
- Creating course material, associated workbooks and documentation, using knowledge sourced from subject matter experts
- Keeping up to date with the latest learning theories, instructional design approaches and technologies to ensure that our content is continually reviewed and refreshed in line with current market developments
As an E-learning Designer your skills and experience will include:
- Competent in the use of multimedia software with the ability to create graphics/images, audio and video clips
- Experience using articulate storyline 2 or similar eLearning course creation programmes
- Experience working with the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Basic online course management experience
- Knowledge of privacy, copywriting and confidentiality legislation, such as the Data Protection Act
You have a creative flair with the ability to interpret detailed technical information and make dynamic/interactive graphics for learning material for training delegates. ‘A picture speaks 1000 words!’ You are confident, with engaging communication skills and are comfortable presenting to others. Your methodical and organised nature enables you to prioritise tasks and work effectively to deadlines.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.