Are you an experienced data analyst with a talent for interpreting and manipulating data? Perhaps you have an interest in the automotive industry? If your answer is yes, then we could have just the job for you.
Here at Thatcham Research we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Enterprise Data Team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an interesting and varied role, where you will be faced with regular new data challenges. Not only will you be responsible for analysing and reporting on the latest trends in vehicle related data, you will also develop models and forecasts to predict the impact of new vehicle technologies on future accident and repair trends.
As a Data Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting departments from across the business, delivering research tasks on target and to the required quality
- Planning, developing and updating complex modelling and analysis activities in order to produce research outputs and findings for stakeholders
- Reviewing and analysing internal and external data sources in order to develop new offerings that provide improved underwriting and pricing ability to members, thus increasing value to membership
- Providing high quality communication of analysis and modelling activities to ensure that stakeholders are well-informed
As a Data Analyst your skills and experience will include:
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent technical/vocational experience - Previous analytical experience in any field is an advantage
- Experience working with complex data along with excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Visualisation/Dashboarding experience with Qlik Sense is desirable but training will be given if you have used other tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Data modelling and forecasting skills
- Previous experience of statistical tools such as R, SPSS, and SAS all advantageous
- The ability to present and clearly communicate research projects and outcomes in meetings, acknowledging the different technical and political context required in each situation
- Knowledge and/or interest of the automotive industry would be a distinct advantage
You are an experienced insight analyst or data analyst with excellent research, network building and data exploitation skills. You enjoy researching new analytical, modelling and statistical techniques and are able to accurately implement them. You have the drive to work independently on tasks whilst also effectively operating as part of a close team to ensure that tasks and projects fit together into broader reports and models.
Salary: Circa £36,000 + competitive benefits package including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.