Commercial Manager (Insurance Data)
As a not for profit organisation, our commercial revenues are re-invested into developing our research, automotive and insurance industry insight. We have a passion for what we do and the influence and positive impact this has on the automotive and insurance sectors. To drive the way in increasing revues and commercial interactions with motor insurance companies and their supply chains (domestic and international), we’re looking for a talented Commercial Manager / Sales Manager who shares our passion to join our team.
The Commercial Manager will be an outstanding door opener, who not only partners with clients to identify their requirements and new business opportunities, but also consults with our teams of expert researchers, product managers, developers and engineers to determine product and service offerings to take to market
The successful candidate will come with a strong network of contacts with a reputation in the industry for selling with integrity and discipline. This opportunity offers the successful candidate to be involved in the evolution of automotive data, working at the forefront of research and innovation
As a Commercial Manager your responsibilities will involve:
- Establishing, developing and nurturing new business relationships
- Seeking guidance from our teams of expert researchers, product managers, developers and engineers to identify new product and service offerings that can be taken to market
- Creating business development plans to identify, evaluate and structure key transactions
- Gathering and maintaining customer information into the customer relationship management (CRM) system
As a Commercial Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Strong and proven track record of selling one or more of the following into the automotive insurance sector (UK & international);
- automotive and insurance data/ insight
- consultancy services
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive claims and underwriting processes
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the sales funnel and commercial process
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Ability to pipeline an manage new and potential business opportunities
- Experience integrating data into customer systems
- Grounding knowledge of delivery technologies such as web-services
- Good knowledge and understanding of the procurement processes within the automotive sector
You are a team player, able to lead by action, integrity and personal performance . You have the ability to present and articulate business propositions and offerings, along with an excellent capability to listen and digest information. These skills enable you to identify key messages that can either be direct or quite often subliminal from colleagues and clients alike.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: Circa £68,00 (OTE £76,000) dependent on skills and experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays with the option to work from home 2/3 days a week.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK