Commercial Manager (Automotive OEM Sector)
As a not for profit organisation, our commercial revenues are re-invested into developing our research, automotive and insurance industry insight. We have a passion for what we do and the influence and positive impact this has on the automotive and insurance sectors. To drive the way in increasing revenues and commercial interactions from automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), we’re looking for a talented Sales Manager / Commercial Manager to join our team.
The Commercial Manager will be an outstanding door opener, who not only partners with clients to identify their requirements and new business opportunities, but also consults with our teams of expert researchers, product managers, developers and engineers to determine product and service offerings to take to market.
The successful candidate will come with a strong network of contacts with a reputation in the industry for selling with integrity and discipline.
This new position is an incredible opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager or Commercial Manager to gain exposure to the very latest research and tests looking into the future of automotive mobility. Working with OEMs technical and procurement teams from around the world, the Commercial Manager will enjoy working within a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
As a Commercial Manager your responsibilities will involve:
- Establishing, developing and nurturing new business relationships with OEMs
- Seeking guidance from our teams of expert researchers, product managers, developers and engineers to identify new product and service offerings that can be taken to market
- Creating business development plans to identify, evaluate and structure key transactions
- Gathering and maintaining customer information into the customer relationship management (CRM) system
As a Commercial Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Prior experience of selling into the automotive OEM and Tier 1 (direct suppliers of parts and resources to OEMs) sectors
- Strong and proven track record of selling one or more of the following into the automotive OEM and Tier 1 sector (UK & international);
- test services
- automotive and insurance data / insight
- consultancy services
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the sales funnel and commercial process
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Ability to pipeline and manage new and potential business opportunities
- Good technical knowledge of various types of motor vehicle testing and automotive engineering services
- Good knowledge and understanding of the procurement processes within the automotive sector
You are a team player, able to lead by action, integrity and personal performance . You have the ability to present and articulate business propositions and offerings, along with an excellent capability to listen and digest information. These skills enable you to identify key messages that can either be direct or quite often subliminal from colleagues and clients alike.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: Circa £68,00 (OTE £76,000) dependent on skills and experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays with the option to work from home 2/3 days a week.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.