Automotive Technical Trainer – MET
Here at Thatcham Research we have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Trainer to join our Training Academy. This position offers the unique opportunity to deliver quality training and assessment to delegates of all ages and levels whilst providing access to the very latest vehicles, technology and equipment.
Join Thatcham Research as a Technical Trainer and you will play a key role in the development of training and delivery whilst working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Successful applicants will ideally have experience in delivering training to either apprentices or skilled professionals however, we will also be pleased to accept applicants who have a strong background in MET (Mechanical, Electrical, Trim) or light vehicles.
You responsibilities as an Automotive Technical Trainer will include:
- Delivering training and assessment of the highest standards in MET, to delegates of all ages and levels of competence.
- Responsibility for ensuring that each delegate is supported in the development of skills and behaviours and is provided every opportunity to achieve a successful outcome
- Providing fair assessments against prescribed criteria
- Maintaining effective records of evidence, ensuring that portfolios of learner outcomes are maintained to awarding body standards
- Supporting the management and development of training materials, ensuring that all courses have clear and precise schemes of work, lesson plans and objectives
Your skills and qualifications as an Automotive Technical Trainer will include:
- Strong background in MET or light vehicle repair
- Proven ability to develop the knowledge and competence of others to a Level 3 standard and beyond
- The ability to develop training plans and schemes of work to meet desired outcomes
- Experience of delivering training, to either apprentices or skilled professionals
- Familiar with Level 2/3 curriculum for the body repair discipline and experience in delivering training against this curriculum with high levels of successful outcomes.
- Recognised current qualification (NVQ/ATA) in MET or light vehicle, preferably with high voltage accreditation or experience
- City & Guilds level 3 qualification in Education and Teaching or equivalent
- Level 3 Award in Teaching, Assessment and Quality Assurance or equivalent
You are an engaging communicator who is at ease presenting to others with a professional and diplomatic style. You are confident, with a highly innovative approach which you enjoy applying to your teaching methods, activities and course development. Your excellent organisational skills enable you to plan effectively so that any conflicting priorities may easily be mitigated.
We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community