Skills Development Coach
Do you have a passion for assessing, mentoring, and coaching for the automotive industry? Are you qualified in executing competence and workplace assessments? We are an industry leader in the field of skills development in automotive repair and due to ongoing growth, we have this fantastic opportunity. We are looking for a Skills Development Coach to join our Training Academy on a full time, permanent basis.
This position offers the unique opportunity to guide learners through their apprenticeships where they can gain qualifications in Vehicle repair (MET, Panel, Paint and VDA).
This is a field-based role, covering across North - South London and surrounding areas.
Your main responsibilities a Skills Development Coach will involve:
- Executing assessments of the highest standards in MET, Panel and Paint, to delegates of all ages and levels of competence
- Mentoring, coaching, and assessing delegates of various ages and skill levels against prescribed criteria, whilst maintaining clear portfolios of evidence
- Responsibility for ensuring that each delegate is supported in the development of skills and behaviours and is provided every opportunity to achieve a successful outcome
Your skills and qualifications a Skills Development Coach will include:
- Strong background in MET or Panel or Paint
- Previous experience in an apprentice developer / assessor role
- Proven ability to develop the knowledge and competence of others to a Level 3 standard and beyond
- Background in VDA, training will be provided for successful applicants without prior VDA experience
- Familiar with Level 2/3 curriculum for the body repair discipline and experience in delivering training against this curriculum with high levels of successful outcomes.
- Recognised current qualification (NVQ/ATA) in MET or Panel or Paint or VDA, preferably with high voltage accreditation or experience
- City & Guilds level 3 qualification in Education and Teaching or equivalent
- Level 3 Award in Teaching, Assessment and Quality Assurance or equivalent
Your captivating communication style enables you to easily pique the interest of your audience, whilst your excellent organisational skills allow you to plan effectively so that conflicting priorities are easily mitigated.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent, and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive, and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: Competitive dependent on skills/experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a car allowance, 10% non-contributory pension, sick pay, competitive annual leave increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Location: This is a field-based role working in and across North - South London and surrounding areas. Your time will be split between working at our appreciates working locations (approx. 60%) and from home (approx. 40%)
Hours: 8.30 - 16.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 16.00 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repair.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy, Track Testing Facility and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We are committed to ensuring we have a fair and inclusive recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any point during your recruitment journey.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK