Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your current financial skills in a busy and varied role? Do you have experience in all aspects of invoicing, debt collection and sales ledger processes? If so, then we want to hear from you.
Join us as an Assistant Accountant and you’ll work as part of a supportive, friendly team of financial professionals on a full time, permanent basis. This is an interesting and varied opportunity that will cover all aspects of sales administration and sales ledger processes.
As the Assistant Accountant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Assisting with the collection of debts, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure cash is collected
- Preparing sales invoices, posting receipts and dealing with customer queries
- Reconciliating balance sheet accounts
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of analysis to support VAT returns
- Supporting the continual process of updating the accounting system with customer information and accounting codes.
- Assisting with payroll processing, including the calculation and processing of monthly payments to colleagues.
As the Assistant Accountant your skills and experience will include:
- Detailed knowledge of sales ledger processes, with strong experience in invoicing.
- An understanding of double entry book keeping, accruals, prepayments and the relationship between the profit & loss and balance sheet
- Experience of credit control and associated reporting
- Good working knowledge of computerised accounting systems
You will have experience in a similar role with the ability to prioritise busy workloads. You are at ease when communicating with stakeholders at all levels of seniority and take pride in ensuring that your work is carried out thoroughly and to set deadlines. Your excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail enable you to approach tasks and challenges in a methodical and accurate manor.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: £24,500 negotiable based on skills/experience + competitive benefits including a 10% non-contributory pension
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire Remote working throughout UK lockdown.
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.