Are you looking for an apprenticeship where you will learn and develop skills in Procurement and Logistics, providing an opportunity for you to earn while you learn?
Working within a small but busy Supply and Logistics team, the Logistics Apprentice will become an integral member of the department and will be responsible for supporting the goods-in and stock management process.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual looking to build a carer in Supply and Logistics, whist working towards a recognised Level 2 qualification as a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative.
Your responsibilities as a Logistics Apprentice will involve:
- Attending college based in Newbury as per agreed training schedule (approx. 2 days/month)
- Ensuring all purchases are made following the correct procurement process
- Compiling orders and checking goods received
- Developing an understanding of the goods-in and stock management process and ensuring the timely delivery of all goods and services
- Contributing to the provision and supply of company workwear
- GCSE grade 4 or equivalent in Maths and English. In lieu of these qualifications applicants must be willing to work towards them as part of their apprenticeship
- Basic computer skills (word and excel)
- An understanding of motor vehicle parts would be an advantage although is not essential
What we’re looking for in you:
You have a strong willingness to learn and have a helpful and positive attitude towards tasks and those around you. You are a team player and enjoy working collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals; while your excellent attention to detail enables you to complete tasks accurately and to a high standard.
Salary: £10,000, in addition we offer a competitive benefits and pension package
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.