Apprentice Panel Technician
The future of collision repair is evolving and as the technologies used in automotive body repair advance, we play an industry leading role in researching and re-shaping vehicle repair methods in the UK.
Working at the forefront of automotive repair, the Apprentice Panel Technician will gain exposure to the very latest automotive designs and technologies, whilst working towards an IMI Accreditation. You will be trained on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes and models and gain experience in all aspects of vehicle body structure repair. You will also work towards developing the skills required to create dynamic vehicle body repair data.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a strong willingness to learn, to begin a career within a rapidly evolving industry.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Panel Technician will involve:
- Working towards IMI accreditation. All training will be held on site, in our state-of-the-art training academy. Duration of the apprenticeship training will be 3 - 4 years
- Supporting operational delivery by providing panel expertise to the Engineering department in our Repair Technology Centre, contributing to the delivery of dynamic vehicle body repair data and research activities
- Maintaining effective and high-quality means of communication to help facilitate an efficient and successful team, that is well recognised by management and customers
- Committing to a development journey (3-4 years), resulting in the capability to work as a competent Panel Technician. Those who demonstrate competence in this post, will be offered further development to become a Panel Engineer
- To promote and adhere to our workplace values of Fearless, Inquisitive, Resourceful Supportive and Trusted at all times
Your skills and experience as an Apprentice Panel Technician will include:
- Successful applicants will have a passion for the automotive industry and will evidence this within their application
- Existing knowledge and/or a keen interest in vehicle technology, repair and engineering - please demonstrate this knowledge/interest in your application
- Good IT knowledge, with the ability to learn bespoke computer software
- Ability and eagerness to learn practical panel repair skills
- Previous experience working within a body repair workshop would be an advantage, although not essential for those willing to learn
You understand, represent and apply our workplace values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted. These values are evidenced within your application.
You have a keen interest in the automotive industry and enjoy exploring advancements in technology and engineering. You are organised, with the ability to plan ahead and prioritise tasks. You enjoy working within a supportive and collaborative environment and have a strong willingness to learn.
Working Hours: 8:30 - 16:30 Monday - Thursdays, 8:30 - 15:45 Fridays
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package, including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme, competitive annual leave – increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to offer sponsorship.