Apprentice Media Specialist
Earn while you learn with an Apprenticeship!
We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual with a passion for media to join our Design team as an Apprentice Media Specialist.
As the Apprentice Media Specialist, you’ll support our Design team in delivering media resource to a variety of projects whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification in Creative and Digital Media. In this new and exciting role, you can expect to be involved in video and photography, as well as animation and graphic design for a wide range of content to be published both internally and externally.
As an Apprentice Media Specialist your responsibilities will involve:
- Attending college as per the agreed schedule
- Supporting filming and post production activities that contribute to the delivery of planned testing and research
- Adhering to documented processes to ensure consistency and the high-quality delivery of film, graphics and animation tasks, whilst considering ideas for improvement.
- Ensuring that assigned media tasks, such as the testing of video footage, commercial photography and video, are to the documented standards and completed in line with operational management plans
As an Apprentice Media Specialist your skills and experience will include:
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in a design or media related subject
- A keen interest in graphic design and media processes
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite would be an advantage
- Experience using cameras for both video and photography purposes
- Ability to understand requirements and turn them into graphic content
- Ability to produce media/photographic output
What we’re looking for in you:
You have a passion for design and media and enjoy utilising your creative skills to develop original content. You have a helpful and positive attitude towards tasks and colleagues and enjoy working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. You have a strong willingness to learn which is complimented by your ability to listen and interpret information. You are intuitive but are not afraid to ask questions and for support when required.
Salary: £10,000, in addition we offer a competitive benefits and pension package
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.