Application Support Analyst
Thanks to constantly evolving technologies, our Product teams are continually developing business critical systems to support our internal and external stakeholders. These applications range from bespoke portal solutions, through to Microsoft CRM as-well as other back-office systems.
The task of the Application Support Analyst will be to support our Product team by managing existing applications, including system design and change, ensuring that they continue to run smoothly. This will involve working closely with First Line IT support, IT Engineers, Software Developers and Systems Analysts, as well as the Product team
This is a great opportunity to take on a brand-new role working with modern technology and architectures, whilst working with key partners such as Microsoft. So, if you have excellent stakeholder management skills, combined with strong IT literacy and are excited about taking this new role forward, then we want to hear from you.
As an Application Support Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing application support for internal and external stakeholders and working with third party software suppliers on incident resolution
- Acting as an escalation point for all application related incidents and holding responsibility for managing any such incidents through to resolution
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure new applications can be supported, documented and managed effectively with minimal impact to live services
- Developing test cases and scripts for new solutions to ensure that applications are tested in a failure as well as successful situations
- Keeping up to date with the latest business application support techniques and methodologies, including issue resolution to aid in the prevention of recurring issues
- Supporting the digital department in developing the strategy for delivering new applications that support organisational objectives
As an Application Support Analyst, your skills and experience will include:
- Previous experience working in Application Support with a good understanding of application technologies, ideally within CRM
- Strong background and knowledge in IT with experience of working with development and infrastructure teams
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Managing and maintaining IT helpdesk systems
You have a keen interest in technology and are motivated working within a busy environment. You have an inquisitive mind and enjoy seeking out solutions to technical issues, whilst your supportive nature enables you to effectively assist stakeholders with technical tasks and projects. You are organised, with the ability to plan ahead and prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines. You are confident, adapting well to evolving situations while remaining positive and professional at all times.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Working Hours: 8:30 - 16:30 Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 15:45 Fridays
Salary: Circa £35,000 (negotiable based on skills & experience) plus competitive benefits package, including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme, sick pay, competitive annual leave – increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire. Remote working throughout UK lockdown.
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to offer sponsorship.