Are you looking for a part time opportunity that will enable you to utilise your excellent customer service and administrative skills? Do you have corporate reception experience and a friendly and helpful attitude? Here at Thatcham Research we are seeking a customer focused receptionist to join our team working 19.75 hours per week.
Working the afternoon reception shift, this role offers a great opportunity to join a friendly and professional environment that would suit a confident individual looking for a permanent, part time reception role.
As a Receptionist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Greeting visitors to the building, creating a professional and welcoming environment
- Ensuring that visitors are registered correctly and that the relevant security processes are adhered to at all times
- Preparing names badges in advance of visitors arriving and allocating parking spaces where required
- Providing the highest standards of customer service, answering enquiries and effectively handling and recording customer queries and complaints
- Sorting outgoing mail, ensuring it’s allocated to the correct department, franked and available for collection within deadline
As a Receptionist your skills and experience will include:
- Experience of dealing with customers both over the phone and face to face in a customer focused environment
- Experience in providing office administration duties, such as updating spread sheets and creating documents
- Previous experience of managing a reception area within a corporate environment
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
What we’re looking for in you:
Friendly, helpful and professional are key qualities that you exhibit. You have excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work to your own initiative. You thrive when working with customers and enjoy operating in a busy environment where there is always something to do.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Working hours: 12.45 – 16.45 Monday – Thursday and 12.45 – 16.30 Fridays. In addition, you will be required to help cover occasional short periods of absence for our morning receptionist
Salary: Circa £10,650 (FTE £19,820) plus competitive benefits & pension package, including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme, sick pay, competitive annual leave – increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community