Academy Development Manager
Would you like to work for a company that makes a real difference in the automotive industry? As the market leader in the field of professional development in automotive repair we are committed to creating and delivering the highest quality training courses for our wide range of delegates each year. To support our aspirations for continuous improvement, we are looking for an experienced manager, with an innovative approach to process improvement, to join our Training Academy on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will suit an existing people manager with a successful track record of motivating teams and leading creative quality improvement initiatives. Previous experience within an educational or training environment is not essential as training can be provided. However, applicants must be experienced in successfully driving new quality improvement initiatives and leading teams through change. This is a new and exciting role that will accelerate improvements in our training, helping us to retain and develop our provenance as the provider of choice for new and existing customers.
As the Academy Development Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing continuous improvement plans and leading teams through the implementation of new quality and best practice processes.
- Utilising the knowledge and feedback of the existing teams to lead the development of new training services, ensuring they are suitable to implement and retain our position as a leading innovator and knowledge sharing resource.
- Developing and maintaining regular review cycles for training programmes, including identifying continuous improvements and ensuring that any training updates are scheduled for both remote and instructor lead training delivery.
- Keeping up to date and investigating advances in technology associated to training, providing clear justifications for future investments to benefit the longer term strategic aims of the business.
- Generating new ideas and investigating innovative solutions that enhance customer experiences and satisfy the unarticulated customer needs in training programmes.
- Accountability for quality and standardisation, ensuring that all training courses have clear and precise schemes of learning, lesson plans, training aims and objectives that are met consistently throughout delivery.
As the Academy Development Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Ability to translate technical and complex customer requirements, refining them into business plans and presenting visions for delivery
- Expertise in process and quality improvement, ideally from within a technology or other complex industrial sector
- Project management experience
- Experience of financial forecasting and budget control
- Proven success in motivating teams and driving processes to meet customer requirements
What we’re looking for in you:
You are an experienced people manager with the ability to motivate teams and develop an innovative and collaborative culture. Your ability to understand technical and complex information enables you to meet customer needs and ensure that only the most suitable solutions are applied. You are an experienced leader, preferably from an educational background, suited to a head of department role, or similar. You strive on creativity and innovation and have an appreciation for quality assurance processes and policies necessary to operate a best in-class academy.
Salary: Up to £50,000, dependent on skills and experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.