Academy Apprentice Technician
The future of collision repair is evolving and as the technologies used in automotive body repair advance, we play an industry leading role in re-shaping vehicle repair methods in the UK.
Working at the forefront of automotive repair, the Apprentice Academy Technician will gain exposure to the very latest automotive designs and technologies, whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification in the Automotive Body Repair sector. You will be trained on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes and models gaining experience removing and fitting mechanical, electrical, and trim components and electronically controlled vehicle mechanical components and systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a can do attitude, a strong willingness to learn, to begin a career within an evolving industry.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Academy Technician will involve:
- Working towards a Level 3 qualification in the Automotive Body Repair sector. All training will be held on site, in our state-of-the-art training academy
- Supporting the academy team by managing training resources to enable the smooth running of workshops and lessons
- Assisting technical trainers through offering delegate support, such as invigilating where required
- Supporting the maintenance of facilities and resources ensuring space, equipment and stored goods remain in good condition
- Committing to a development journey, that would result in the capability to provide cover for technical trainers should the need occur
Your skills and experience as an Apprentice Academy Technician will include:
- A minimum of a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Maths, IT and English
- Good IT knowledge would be advantageous
- Previous experience working within a body repair/light vehicle workshop would be an advantage although is not essential
You have a keen interest in the automotive industry with a strong willingness to learn. You are organised, with the ability to plan and prioritise tasks. You enjoy working within a supportive and collaborative environment and have a strong willingness to learn.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: £12,000 plus competitive benefits package, including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme, sick pay, competitive annual leave – increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Working Hours: 8:30 - 16:45 Monday - Thursdays, 8:30 - 16:00 Fridays
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and reparability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.