I’m a Vehicle Manufacturer. What could I do to align with the IIR?
When developing and making vehicles available to the market, that have or could have ADAS features available, VM’s could provide:
• Access to vehicle datathat supports the identification of the fitment-location of operating ADAS systems, and their sensors
• Information on the types of repair scenarios that would result in the need for inspection, realignment and calibration being required.
• Access to processes for the inspection, realignment and calibration of ADAS systems to ensure that the process is auditable and verifiable, sufficient to be sure that the ADAS sensor functionality can be restored to the vehicle manufacturer’s technical specification.
• Provision of training information for ADAS calibration that has assessed outcomes to enable proof of competence of the operative.
• Appropriate ADAS technical specifications that enable the inspections, of the systems functionality.