Paint Refinishing Methods
Who should attend?Experienced paint technicians looking to achieve a high specification paint finish or those that have already attended the Paint Preparation Techniques course.
|Course type||Thatcham Research certified|
What will I learn?
Delegates receive hands-on experience of refinishing methods using advanced colour coats. It is a largely practical course to update the more experienced painter in methods and techniques of paint refinishing.
- Wet-on-wet paint system
- Explanation of Thatcham Research paint processes
- Use of coloured primers interior and exterior preparation and application of roll-on primer techniques
- Paint blending techniques
- Three-coat finishes
- Masking techniques
- Smart working practices
- Identification and rectification of paint faults
- Future technologies cost comparison
- Overview of EPA and Health and Safety regulations
Application of full paint system including wet-on-wet coloured primers and three coat finishes. Blending and fade out of a three-coat finish.