Paint Preparation Techniques
Who should attend?Paint technicians with limited knowledge in the preparation of surfaces for refinishing work. Those who have already completed the Introduction to Paint Refinishing course.
|Course type||Thatcham Research certified|
What will I learn?
Delegates receive an effective foundation of the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required in preparing vehicles for refinishing and top coat application.
- Health and safety requirements
- Planning the repair, degreasing and cleaning
- Abrasive materials, removing corrosion
- Wet flatting and dry flatting
- Fillers stoppers (application and flatting)
- Masking, primer application, sealers
- Stone chip materials
- Preparation of plastics
- Reinstatement of galvanised coatings
- Top coat application in solid/metallic COB
Preparation of body panels with different surfaces including bare metals, plastics, electrocoat, body fillers, primers and existing topcoats using wet and dry sanding techniques by hand and machine and the application of primers.