Introduction to Paint Refinishing
Who should attend?Paint technicians with little or no experience of paint or refinishing techniques.
|Course type||Thatcham Research certified|
What will I learn?
Delegates gain a level of competence and confidence that will allow them to play a useful role in the work of a modern paint shop.
- Health and safety requirements in the use of paint materials
- Refinishing equipment and spray booths
- The different paint systems available
- Basic principles of spraying, sealing and masking, priming and flatting
- Colour identification
- Top coat application
- Colour properties and colour matching
- Fade out repair techniques, paint faults – prevention and cure
- Thatcham Research refinish process for new/repaired panel and wet-on-wet process
Preparation and finishing of panels with direct gloss and clear-over-base paint systems including high build and wet-on-wet primers.