Glazing Preparation and Assessment
Who should attend?Bodyshop technicians required to facilitate glass removal and refit in the vehicle repair process to comply with BS10125.
Please note that delegates are required to have a minimum of three years hands-on experience to take this course.
|Course type||IMI accredited|
What will I learn?
The preparation day provides delegates with the knowledge and an awareness of the requirements for the IMI accreditation (taken the following day).
The course includes health and safety and the best working practices associated with glass removal and refit, methods and consumables for ensuring integrity of the glass installation.
- Preparation for an online knowledge test
- Removal and refit of an encapsulated glass screen using methods and best practice
- An insight into the practical modules within the accreditation, including vehicle condition appraisal prior to task
The tasks for the accreditation include:
- Remove and refit of existing glass encapsulated screen on both the preparation and assessment days
- Heated rear window and a fixed static side glass on the assessment day only
More information: https://accreditation.theimi.org.uk/autoglazing-ata-route-overview