Thatcham Research ("Thatcham")
Thatcham is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. . For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre of Colthrop Way, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 4NR.
Thatcham may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions or need further information about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
What we collect
The personal data which we may collect from you via this website may include:
- information collected when you submit you curriculum vitae, employment application, application or apprenticeship application to us;
- information collected when you complete a training course application form;
- information collected when you send an email to this website including name, job title and email address. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thatcham.org (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
We may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to this website but not the identity of the visitors. e.g. we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of this website are most commonly accessed. This information is used to help us to administer and improve the website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we collect data
We may collect data from you in various ways:
during your use of this website;
when we request further information from you from time to time following on from any contact you have made with us through this website;
A cookie is a small element of data that a website can send to your computers browser so that this computer will be recognised by the site on your return. Cookies allow our web server to recognise your computer on connection to our website which enables our pages to be downloaded faster than on first viewing.
Cookies may be additionally used to establish various statistics connected with the website including: most visited pages, time spent on each page, site performance etc by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the date is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify this option in the settings menu. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For more information regarding cookies and their purposes please see the information commissioner's website home page.
What we will use the data for
We will use the data that we collect from you for the following purposes:
to improve the website and deal with any queries you have about this website and to notify you as to any changes to this website;
to provide you with information that you have requested (including brochures, information on products and subscription services);
- to provide you with information on training courses;
- to process your employment or apprentice scheme application form;
- to provide marketing services;
- to send you marketing materials. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from Thatcham then there is an option to "opt out" from receiving these materials. You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing materials at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to consider any recruitment application or curriculum vitae you submit through this website;
- we will process any sensitive data received by us solely for the purpose of considering you for any position within Thatcham.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.;
- to notify you about changes to our service.;
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- where we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish or defend our legal rights
- in order to provide you with the information or services that you have requested personal data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other nominated companies or third parties who act for or with us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have consented.
- where you have consented, we may also disclose your personal data to other business's who may contact you about their services that may interest you.
- we may share, transfer or disclose your personal data to a potential or actual successor to us.
Links to other websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to other websites which may be of interest to you. These websites are not operated by us and the links are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of such third party websites. We are therefore not responsible for the protection and privacy or any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Access to your personal data/control
You are entitled to access your personal data and have it amended or deleted from our system as required under the Data Protection Act 1998. For more information and to make a subject access request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
In order to prevent unauthorised access to such information we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Changes to the policy
If this policy differs substantially from the one originally in place then this will be addressed on the homepage of the website.