Environment - Our achievements
- We have developed our product range to eradicate the use of paper and other materials that may have a negative environmental impact.
- We have developed initiatives to improve the accessibility of our training both regionally and worldwide, minimising the need for delegates to travel.
- All external print is on FSC paper and all photocopying paper is from sustainable sources.
- We have implemented a range of energy efficient programmes to reduce our energy consumption and our dependence on non-renewable resources. These include installation of wind turbines (output 20Kw), a lighting voltage management system (reducing power use by 25%), auto shutdown each evening of all non-essential IT equipment, installation of flat screen monitors to reduce electricity use and an energy efficient boiler.
- We review our water management to reduce usage. ‘Hippos’ have been installed in toilets, which reduce water used by 20%.
- The Thatcham Automotive Academy minibus is being run on biodiesel fuel.
- We encourage our staff not to use their cars to come to work by providing secure cycle storage and showering facilities for those who choose to cycle, walk or run to work.
- We encourage the positive environmental benefits of replacing off-site meetings with the use of WebEx meetings.